All of these companies bode well for our fair city. And why would you move here, or stay here during the rainy season?
- Seattle is like Portland, but with jobs. And we all know the dream of the 90's is alive in Portland.
- It's neighborhoody in a great way. Check out the new mini-Silicon-Alley that is South Lake Union, and don't be afraid of the seedy-ness that is Pioneer Square. There are even some great companies like Robot Co-Op up in Capitol Hill!
- The eats are awesome. Lark, Matt's in the Market, and Spinasse are shining examples of awesome localvore slowfood that's fun.
- Viva la Cocktail Revolution! Sun Liquors, Oola, and The Walrus and Carpenter are all driving the gin trade forward.
- The weather is better than you think. But only in the summer. Between July and August.
- Rock and Roll will never die here. We get more awesome bands than you could imagine at the Showbox, Neumos, and the Tractor, among others. Listen to all this on KEXP - local online radio that rocks.
Reach out to the folks at these companies if you want to come to where the water tastes of caffeine and there's not state income tax.
PS: people here can't drive. Not like in Boston, where you fight to the death in the Octagon of the Big Dig, but more like, they stop dead in the middle of snowy hills and get deeply confused by four way intersections. And make left hand turns at traffic circles!